Matthew was previously the VP of Engineering at YouTube. He is a former Co-Founder CTO/COO at The Happy Home Company. Prior to that he was the GM Platform at eBay.
Matthew Mengerink is a charismatic, results-driven technology leader with clarity of vision, deep conviction, and broad-based technology expertise. He excels at delivering solutions, driving product innovation and motivating others to win. His portfolio is wide-ranging, spanning platform, shipping, search, catalog, payments, data integration and globalization. He is passionate, intuitive and the mentor of choice to technologists at every level.
He has a demonstrated ability to motivate teams of all sizes to deliver large scale, engaging customer experiences; consistently overcoming complex issues and challenges to achieve business objectives in highly-matrixed, fast-moving companies. He is focused, agile and resourceful; skills honed from his 20-plus years of experience driving technology functions and solutions from start-ups to complex, global Fortune 500 leaders.
• Transformed PayPal into the online payments leader by scaling its payments platform; triple-digit growth in TPV and expanding its technology team – from 50 employees to 3,500+ worldwide.
• Delivered PayPal’s Identify Product, an identity and profile innovation that provides third-party access to PayPal’s consumer identities.
• Drove the vision, strategy and launch of X.commerce, the eBay Inc. integrated technology platform connecting the developer communities of PayPal, eBay Marketplaces, eBay Enterprise and Magento – delivering tailored solutions and innovation to thriving SMB’s and emerging enterprise businesses. Merchant growth exceeding 150,000, up from 100,000 in the six months following the launch of the platform.
• Led Trinity, eBay Inc.’s corporate data system, combining data and analytics from eBay Marketplaces, eBay Enterprise and Magento; resulting in an annual revenue increase of $15 million at eBay Enterprise and a reduction in fraud of $5 million at PayPal.
• Member of the eBay Inc. executive leadership team, reporting directly to John Donahoe, eBay Inc.